India – When Jasprit Bumrah burst onto the scene in the IPL in 2013, he was talked about for his unusual bowling action, with many suggesting that he would be injury-prone.
- However, Bumrah dispelled doubts about his bowling abilities and fast forward five years, the 24-year-old is an indispensable member of the Indian team in all three formats.
- READ | No Anushka or Ritika | CoA Rubbishes Reports of WAGs Being Allowed on Overseas ToursWhile he claimed 14 wickets in the three Tests in England, including a match-winning 5/85 at Nottingham, his bowling action continued to be scrutinised with experts questioning whether Bumrah could sustain himself during long spells.
- For Bumrah, irrespective of the kind of action one may have, fast bowling in itself is a difficult job, and fitness is paramount to sustain yourself as a bowler.
- Even if you have a simple action, it takes a lot out of your body, because fast bowling is such a job that requires a lot of hard work and stamina,” he says.
- On his association with ASICS, Bumrah said that the brand philosophy of ‘A Sound Mind in a Sound Body and ‘I Move Me’ was something he connected with.