Yahoo7 News Australia – Meghan Markle isn’t likely to be lining up for the AFL Women’s league anytime soon, but she gave her Aussie Rules skills a workout during her Melbourne visit.
- The Duchess of Sussex and husband Prince Harry continued their whirlwind tour of Australia to launch the Invictus Games on Thursday, stopping outside Melbourne’s Government House to watch the ‘This Girl Can’ sports demonstration.
- Meghan and Prince Harry joined 150 women playing football, netball, cricket and a range of other sports on the lawns of Government House on Thursday as part of the “This Girl Can” program.
- The walkabout took about half an hour, with several thousand people lining the drive to Government House on Thursday morning.
- Harry and Meghan were inundated with gifts, including many presents for the baby who is due in the northern Spring.
- University student India Brown was reduced to tears when Harry broke royal protocol and gave her a big hug.