Gulf News – Pakistan Star Shahid Afridi of the Paktia Panthers answers questions after his side lost to Kabul Zwanan in the semifinal of the APL at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium late on Saturday.
- Sharjah: Kabul Zwanan thrashed Paktia Panthers by a convincing 90 runs in the second semi-final to set a meeting with the Balkh Legends in Sunday’s final of the inaugural Afghanistan Premier League (APL).
- Earlier, captain Rashid Khan proved his utility with the bat with an unbeaten 35 runs off just 19 deliveries to see Zwanan reach a challenging 192 for 9.
- Khan paid special attention to Isuru Udana lifting the Sri Lankan medium pacer on three occasions in the final over as Zwanan scored 65 runs in their last five overs.
- The first five overs fetched Zwanan 47 runs, while the second and third part of the innings got them 40 runs each before that final assault from captain Khan to inch towards the magical 200-run mark.
- Paktia Panthers by 90 runs: Kabul Zwanan 192 for 9 wickets in 20 overs (Colin Ingram 44, Laurie Evans 31, Rashid Khan 35 not out; Zia Ur Rahman 2 for 36, Isuru Udana 2 for 57, Shahid Afridi 2 for 25) Paktia Panthers 90 all out in 14.