Indian Express – By:
Express Web Desk | New Delhi | Published: October 20, 2018 9:56:38 Ambani was estimated to be worth .3 billion.
- (File)Reliance Industries chairman, Mukesh Ambani, has emerged as the world richest sports team owner, pushing former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to the second spot, according to the Forbes list of the world’s richest sports team owners.
- Ambani, who chairs a $51 billion oil and gas industry, owns the Mumbai Indian cricket team in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- According to CNBC, with a 40 per cent stake in Reliance, Ambani is the largest shareholder in the company and acts as chairman and managing director.
- Ambani purchased the Mumbai Indians through a Reliance subsidiary in 2008 for just over $100 million, making him the wealthiest cricket team owner.
- He bought the Los Angeles Clippers for $2 billion in the year 2000 and had been the world’s richest sports team owner for past three years.