Fox Sports Australia – The end result could be Australia taking on the world’s best Test team, India, without the entirety of the top four that played in last summer’s Ashes.
- TWENTY20: Short powers Australia to romping win as son of a gun debuts‘KICK UP THE BACKSIDE’: Warne calls for improvement, names first Test bolterWARNER 3, ME 0: What it’s like to play Warner at grade cricketAveraging a healthy 43.
- The South Australia veteran averaged close to 50 (780 runs at 48.
- The fifth-highest scorer in last summer’s Sheffield Shield season (756 at 44.47), Doran is a man who loves to occupy the crease which is important given Australia’s tendency to collapse.
- The middle-order batsman still finds himself in fine domestic form after stroking 332 runs at 47.42 for Victoria on its way to the one-day cup title this month and made 574 runs at 52.18 in last season’s Sheffield Shield.
- Lehmann slipped down the selection pecking order after a poor Sheffield Shield season last summer (536 at 28.21) but his first-class numbers are better than most of the contenders with 2486 runs across 38 matches at 39.46.