News – Cricket: Chief Courier Mail sports writer Robbert Craddock has taken aim at the Australian cricket team labeling their T20 international performance as ‘dreadful’.
- VICTORIAN cricket has been shocked by revelations batting sensation Will Pucovski will take an indefinite break from cricket to deal with a mental health issue.
- The 20-year-old thrust his name in the national conversation with a stunning 243 last week in Perth, in just his seventh Sheffield Shield innings.
- It was an effort which convinced plenty, including legendary Test captain Steve Waugh, that the batting prodigy was ready for Test cricket now.
- But after being withdrawn from this week’s Sheffield Shield clash against NSW, Cricket Victoria officials confirmed the rising star is dealing with issues off the field.
- On Friday morning Waugh told the Herald Sun that of all the young talented batsmen in Australia, Pucovski was the one he would elevate to the Test side now.