India – After registering a thumping 4-1 victory in the parliamentary and assembly Bypolls in Karnataka, former finance minister P.
- “The 4-1 win in the Karnataka by-elections is similar to the Test series of Indian cricket team led by Virat Kohli.
- The senior Congress leader’s remarks came after the Karnataka ruling coalition Janata Dal-Secular and Congress took lead in two seats each in the vote count for the three Lok Sabha and two assembly seats.
- The JD-S was leading over BJP in Ramanagara and Mandya, while the Congress was leading in Jamkhandi and Bellary.
- Counting of votes began at 8 a.m.
- Prior to the bypolls, the JD-S held Ramanagara and Mandya seats, while the Congress Jamakhandi and the BJP Bellary and Shimoga.