Hindustan Times – India’s stand-in-captain for the T20 international series against Windies, Rohit Sharma, has been on a record breaking spree in this series.
- India’s stand-in-captain for the T20 international series against Windies, Rohit Sharma, has been on a record breaking spree in this series.
- The Mumbai batsman has 2203 runs to his name currently and needs to score 69 runs against the Windies in the last match of the series on Sunday at Chennai to get past Martin Guptill and become the leading run-getter in T20 internationals.
- ALSO READ: Rohit Sharma becomes first player to hit 4 T20 international centuriesGiven the kind of form Rohit has been in, it is not unimaginable for him to get the runs and move into the top slot.
- If Rohit does manage to get ahead of Guptill, this will be the first time that an Indian will be on top of the tree, in terms of runs scored, across all three international formats.
- Ever since the advent of T20 internationals, no Indian has held the record for most runs at any point.