AAP Australian Sports – ADELAIDE, Nov 9 AAP – Australian allrounder Marcus Stoinis has helped engineer a seven-run win against South Africa to snap a one-day cricket losing streak.
- Australia’s skipper Finch and Marsh put on a bright 44-run partnership but it was the innings-high as Travis Head (8), Glenn Maxwell (15) and Stoinis (2) fell cheap.
- But Stoinis, before crowd of 17,680 spectators, made amends with frequent strikes with the ball for his second-best ODI figures.
- The South Africans slipped to 4-68 inside 15 overs before David Miller (51 from 71 balls) and captain Faf du Plessis rallied.
- They put the chase on pace with a game-high 74 run partnership before du Plessis (47 from 65 balls) inexplicably chopped on to his stumps from Cummins’ bowling.
- Stoinis, Hazlewood and Cummins pressed as the visitors lost 3-13, leaving 30 runs to get from the last three overs.