DFA (South Africa) – Faf du Plessis and the Adelaide Oval – it’s a rich history, colourful and controversial, that started with him nearly falling flat on his face.
- “I love coming to Adelaide it’s one of my favourite grounds, I’ve got some extremely good memories here,” Du Plessis said ahead of today’s second One-Day International between South Africa and Australia.
- South Africa had already won the series, but Du Plessis and his team arrived amidst a brouhaha over a mint, saliva, a cricket ball and video showing Du Plessis shining the ball which went viral: “My character was tested through that week.”
- This time there is less attention on Du Plessis and more on Australian cricket, which this week has seen more resignations at board level in the aftermath of various reports on a bad culture.
- “The last few series against Australia I’ve felt there’s been more to it than just cricket and then as a team you have to make the shift and make the focus about cricket,” Du Plessis added.
- A win gives SA the series, and will make for another happy memory for Du Plessis at the Adelaide Oval.