Fox Sports Australia – The Australians looked brittle in the first ODI in Perth when they were rolled for 152.
- It’s a fairly one-dimensional side in terms of attack verse workers of the ball,” Finch said after Sunday’s loss.
- “I think we’ve got a bit over a month until the next one-day games so I think that will be a good opportunity to reassess and start mapping out that process.”
- “I think the side at the moment is that way (attacking) inclined, it’s not necessarily the way we’ve been trying to play,” Finch said.
- Australia trialled a new opening partnership of Finch and master blaster Chris Lynn on Sunday, which backfired spectacularly when Lynn was dismissed for a golden duck on the first legal ball of the innings.
- Despite the flop, Finch says it’s a tactic the Aussies might stick with when they go up against India in their next ODI outing.