Daily Observer – Bangladesh – Taijul Islam was on fire with fifer to register the 64-run convincing win for Bangladesh against Windies on Saturday at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram.
- The southpaw magician picked-up six Windies wickets in the second innings conceding only 33 runs delivering 11.2 overs, which was the elementary force behind Tigers massive victory.
- Earlier, Bangladesh got a handsome collection of 315 in the first innings riding on the century of Mominul Haque (120) followed by the 65 runs’ 10th wicket stand between Taijul Islam (34) and Nayeem Hasan (24) and tied Windies for 246 as debutant Nayeem Hasan stars with five-fours.
- Shai Hope followed Powell in the very next over of Shakib.With Powell’s wicket Shakib became the quickest all-rounder in the world to have the record of 200 wickets with 3000 runs in Test.
- He hunted the wickets of Shane Dowrich, Devendra Bishoo and Kemar Roach pretty quick as Windies were 75 for eight.But man at number ten Jomel Warrican emerged as a threat for Bangladesh, who started to swing his bat and picking up runs quickly.
- Taijul ended the waiting moment for win in the following over dismissing Ambris.