Google News Italia (Italian) – 3.13am EST
Morning all and thanks Rob – the players are having a quick nip, and don’t Sri Lanka need one.
- England have stealthily moved into a strong position, with a lead of 256 on a wearing EST03:0140th over: England 157-5 (Buttler 59, Moeen 15) Buttler survives an optimistic LBW appeal after charging Perera.
- Sandakan, who dismissed Ben Stokes twice with no-balls in the morning session, returns to the attack and is milked for three EST02:5238th over: England 152-5 (Buttler 56, Moeen 13) “If the batting side were given an extra DRS review every time the bowling side bowled a no ball, the captain of the bowling side would jolly quickly chivvy his chuckers into controlling their footwork properly?
- Those are superb numbers, especially when you consider that most of the pitches have offered a bit to the EST02:4636th over: England 147-5 (Buttler 53, Moeen 11) Moeen edges Perera short of slip and away for four and then Buttler reaches a quietly brilliant half-century from 59 balls.
- For now he is dealing in singles and has six from EST02:3734th over: England 135-5 (Buttler 48, Moeen 4) A good over from Perera, who has been by far Sri Lanka’s best bowler in this EST02:3433rd over: England 132-5 (Buttler 47, Moeen 2) Moeen has had a poor series with the bat, averaging 11, though his bowling makes up for that.
- Stokes was caught off Sandakan no-balls twice in the morning session; this time Perera kept his foot behind the EST02:2331st over: England 122-4 (Stokes 37, Buttler 45) Stokes reverse-sweeps Dhananjaya solidly for a couple.