YourStory – Former Indian Cricketer Javagal Srinath spoke about how the sport has changed and the role of tech in cricket at ThoughtWorks Live 2018.
- Former Indian Cricketer Javagal Srinath spoke about how the sport has changed and the role of tech in cricket at ThoughtWorks Live 2018.
- The final session featured former Indian cricketer and ICC match referee, Javagal Srinath, on ‘Game for More’, hosted by Smitha Hemmigae – Head of Marketing, ThoughtWorks India.
- Besides talking about his journey as an international cricketer, Srinath touched upon the role of technology in enhancing the game and the player’s performances through innovative aids and smart bats.
- Data analysis and cricketSpeaking on new innovations in cricket, especially the smart bat, Srinath said,”Cricket is a non-invasive sport , you cannot put a chip in the ball or bat.”
- When you grow older and the body starts faltering and experience compensates – during that time you need some space to come back to form – you need to add more skills, your team should see you as a human and not a player,” Srinath said.