Sporting News – Former India opening batsman Gautam Gambhir has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket at the age of 37.
- Former India opening batsman Gautam Gambhir has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket at the age of 37.
- Gambhir played almost 250 times for his country across all formats, including 58 Tests and 147 ODIs.
- MORE: Usman Khawaja calls for privacy after police arrest and charge brother |Gambhir struck 75 off 54 balls to inspire India to World Twenty20 glory in the 2007 decider against fierce rivals Pakistan, and his 97 helped see his nation home in the 2011 World Cup final against Sri Lanka.
- Well, I am here to share a thought which I have been contemplating and I dare say dreading,” Gambhir said, in a long and emotional video message shared via his social media accounts.
- “I was searching for my confidence in that deep, dark pit but I could only lay my hands on the same sharp, disturbing noise.