Fox Sports Australia – There were genuine fears that wicket-keeper Paine had once again injured his finger whilst batting at Adelaide Oval on Monday.
- But those fears were laid to rest on Tuesday as Langer reassured reporters that his captain was 100 per cent ready to lead Australia, as they attempt level up the series after going down in the Test opener by 31 runs in Adelaide.
- “He is the toughest pretty boy I’ve ever met in my life,” Langer said as the team departed Adelaide for Perth on Tuesday afternoon.
- However, Victorian quick Chris Tremain hasn’t travelled with the squad after Langer confirmed that the Australian attack pulled up well and Peter Siddle would remain on standby.
- Peter Siddle’s ready to go if we need him to play the Test match.”
- “We’re searching and striving to have a really stable side whether it’s in Test cricket, one day cricket or T20 cricket,” Langer said.