Hindustan Times – Indian captain Virat Kohli’s luck with the coin toss is known to everyone but on Wednesday he called it right at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in the crucial third Test against Australia.
- Cheteshwar Pujara, India’s ‘Rock of Gibraltar’ at number 3 was patience personified again.ALSO READ: Mayank Agarwal scripts record in fairytale debut on Boxing DayPujara left most and played a shot only when a delivery was in his range.
- He put on 83 for the second wicket with Mayank Agarwal and then shared an unbeaten 92-run stand with captain Virat Kohli to take India to 215/2 at stumps on Day 1.
- While doing so, Pujara brought up his 21st half-century in Test cricket and 8th against the Aussies.
- While there a long way for Pujara to catch up with Dravid, what is interesting and encouraging is the Saurashtra batsman’s conversion rate at the number three spot.
- With 19 half-centuries and 15 centuries, Pujara is expected to score a ton most of the times when he passes the half-century mark.