Fox Sports Australia – There was no feeling sorry for himself in front of the TV, watching Australia play India at the MCG where he would have been if national selectors gave him one more chance.
- Instead, he turned his energy into performing on the Sydney Cricket Ground, where the fourth and final Test of the Border-Gavaskar series will be played.
- Handscomb crushed 70 runs off 35 balls in an innings that included nine fours and three sixes.
- Handscomb was playing just days after being dropped for his home Test – the Boxing Day Test no less – for the second time in 12 months.
- Handscomb’s runs were white-ball runs but, nonetheless, Australia legend Brett Lee believes he’s proven he could return to the national team as soon as next week’s Sydney Test.
- A couple of bad dismissals in the Tests but it’s a game where you fail more than you succeed and I knew runs were around the corner.