Rediff – Images from Day 2 of the third Test between Australia and India in Melbourne on Thursday.
- Images from Day 2 of the third Test between Australia and India in Melbourne on Thursday.
- Australia’s openers survived the final nervous overs of a scorching hot afternoon as the home side reached eight without loss at the end of day two in the third Test against India on Thursday after the visitors had dominated with the bat.
- IMAGE: Virat Kohli, right, with Cheteshwar Pujara during Day 2 of the third Test.
- Having gone to stumps at 215-2 on day one, India’s batsmen enjoyed another dominant day, with Cheteshwar Pujara scoring his second century of the series and skipper Virat Kohli adding 82 to build a hefty total.
- Earlier, pace spearhead Mitchell Starc denied Kohli a second century of the series, getting him caught ramping to third man before Pat Cummins bowled Pujara for 106, after the watchful batsman registered his 17th Test ton.