News – Amid the renewed noise around Australian cricket’s banned trio, the message out of the Test team dressing room is clear – they want them back.
- Opener Aaron Finch has echoed the sentiments of national coach Justin Langer, saying the Australians will welcome back Steve Smith and David Warner with open arms.
- But Finch said Smith and Warner have earned their Australian recalls when they return in three months.
- “When Davey and Steve are ready to make their – be allowed to come back and play cricket for Australia and their states – from my point of view they’ll be welcomed back with open arms,” Finch said.
- Cricket Australia has said the dressing room will have a say in their returns, but Finch said it has not been talked about much.
- Finch added he had not seen the Smith and Bancroft TV interviews in the last 24 hours, but only read some social media headlines.