India Today – India – Jasprit Bumrah surpassed Dileep Doshi to register most wickets for India in his debut year in Test cricket with 45 wickets and counting.
- Jasprit Bumrah surpassed Dileep Doshi to register most wickets for India in his debut year in Test cricket with 45 wickets and counting.
- With six wickets in the first innings of the Boxing Day Test in Melbourne against Australia, Bumrah set up the new record in Indian cricket.
- Jasprit Bumrah, who finished with career-best 6 for 33, picked up the wickets of Marcus Harris, Shaun Marsh, Travis Head, Tim Paine, Nathan Lyon and Josh Hazlewood to achieve the record as India bowled Australia out for 151 to take a 292-run first innings lead in the Test match at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).
- Dileep Doshi in 1979 had taken 40 wickets in his debut Test year, which was a record till Bumrah broke through in 2018.
- Bumrah has been in top form since the start of the year in Test cricket and has been a regular in the Indian team – a go-to bowler for captain Virat Kohli.