Indian Express – Andrew Strauss with wife Ruth.
- Andrew Strauss with wife Ruth.
- (Source: ECB Twitter)Ruth Strauss, wife of the former England cricket captain Andrew Strauss, passed away at the age of 46 after battling with lung cancer.
- Ruth was diagnosed with cancer in December 2017 during the Ashes series.
- Strauss, who was then the director of the England and Wales cricket board, later stepped down from his position to be with his wife and support his family.
- A statement from Andrew Strauss, released via the England and Wales Cricket Board and published by sky sports read: “It is with great sadness and immense grief that we have to announce that Ruth passed away today as a result of her rare lung cancer.