Guardian Web – You can’t spell ‘magic’ without MCG.
- The last time India won there, none of the current players from either team were born.
- A Melbourne draw would have left things in almost the same position: with the visitors needing to dominate the fourth Test to ensure that series win.
- A big win in Adelaide was followed by Australia leveling things in Perth, then England retaining the trophy with a big win in Melbourne.
- Indian teams have won series in New Zealand, South Africa and England only five times, and never in Australia.
- Close calls don’t make the stats columns: Australia is the last chance to take a touring prize, and a historically weak and scattered Australian team is one that this well-drilled Indian outfit should take advantage of.