Rediff – ‘We learnt a lot in South Africa and we learnt a lot in England.
- IMAGE: Ravi Shastri hugs Anushka Sharma, wife of India captain Virat Kohli, right, as they celebrate the Test series win.
- India coach Ravi Shastri equated India’s maiden Test series win on Australia soil with the historic 1983 World Cup triumph terming it ‘as big if not bigger’.
- India beat Australia 2-1 to win their first-ever Test series in Australia to end a long wait of 71 years and Shastri wasn’t short of praise for his wards.
- For Shastri, the series win in Australia is a culmination of all the hard work put in during the year starting from the away series against South Africa in January, last year.
- The Indian team especially, Kohli and Shastri have always maintained that 1-4 scoreline in England wasn’t an indicator of how closely the series was fought.