India Today – India – Hardik Pandya and Lokesh Rahul have been suspended until a pending investigation into their controversial comments made on a popular television show, Koffee With Karan.
- Hardik Pandya and Lokesh Rahul have been suspended until a pending investigation into their controversial comments made on a popular television show, Koffee With Karan.
- “Both Pandya and Rahul have been suspended pending an inquiry,” news agency PTI quoted CoA chief Vindo Rai as sayingNotably, the two cricketers will not be considered for selection during the first of a three-match ODI series against Australia, starting January 12 in Sydney.
- India team management to take a call on whether they would to send Rahul, Hardik homeA source in the BCCI also told the PTI that the two cricketers will be issued fresh show cause notices.
- Earlier in the day, CoA member Diana Edulji had recommended an immediate “suspension till pending inquiry” for both Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul and also insisted the two cricketers be called back from Australia ahead of the three-match ODI series, starting January 12.
- Pandya apologised for the comments through a social media statement but the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) found the apology insufficient and sent show cause notices to the two cricketers.