Fox Sports Australia – Marsh was hospitalised with gastritis and missed Australia’s 34-run win against the Indians in Saturday’s series-opener Sydney.
- Vice-captain Alex Carey says Marsh is pressing his claims to play in Tuesday’s game two as Australia eye a first ODI series win in two years.
- Maxwell faced just five balls in Australia’s 34-run win in Sydney batting at No.7, a spot some commentators branded as a waste of the Victorian’s talents.
- Seven-ball over farce rocks Big Bash‘GREATEST CATCH OF ALL TIME’: Fan fails to hold incredible crowd catch attempt“To have Glenn Maxwell sitting in the sheds ready to go with two, three overs to go, I think that’s a pretty powerful position for our cricket side to be in,” Carey said.
- Carey also forecast captain Aaron Finch would soon rediscover his best touch after a lean international summer – he was dropped from the Test series against India after making 97 runs at an average of 16.16.
- Finch made just six runs in Australia’s ODI triumph in Sydney.