Evening Standard – England’s tour of the Caribbean began in quiet and comfortable fashion at Barbados’s idyllic Three Ws Ground.
- England’s tour of the Caribbean began in quiet and comfortable fashion at Barbados’s idyllic Three Ws Ground.
- There were few surprises – captain Joe Root was in terrific form making bright and breezy runs, Rory Burns and Ben Stokes grafted hard, and the tourists threw in an afternoon collapse of five for 31 for good measure.
- (Getty Images) Opening for the opposition will be new Test call-up John Campbell, while Alzarri Joseph – who, as one of six internationals in the side, was recalled for next Wednesday’s First Test – troubled England with good pace in a very serviceable pace attack.
- England were put in and Jennings’ first innings ended when he was caught off bat and pad off Joseph, with the pitch as lively as it was all day and a desperately slow outfield.
- Stokes, having spent longer a the crease than Root, was also dismissed hitting out, before Ben Foakes and Sam Curran fell to Holder within three balls.