Daily Monitor – KAMPALA.
- At the turn of November, Uganda’s cricket walked on egg shells after the nation was stabbed in cold blood, breathing to last place at the ICC World Cricket League Division Three in Oman.
- To match that, Uganda Cricket Association CEO Martin Ondeko last month received an invitation for U-19 pair of Zephaniah Arinaitwe and Frank Akankwasa to feature at the ICC High Performance camp in Potchestroom, North West, South Africa from January 14 – February 20.
- Having beaten the visa hitches to the Rainbow Nation, Arinaitwe and Akankwasa depart tonight for the priceless experience with other selected talents from Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Mozambique and Botswana for the month’s camp.
- Akankwasa is captain of the Baby Cricket Cranes who have already started preparing for ICC U-19 Africa World Cup Qualifiers scheduled for March this year in Nambia.
- AFRICA ACADEMY 2019Uganda Players: Frank Akankwasa, Zephaniah Arinaitwe, Participating Countries: Sierra Leone, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Mozambique, Botswana and Uganda.