DNA – David Warner took the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) by storm on Wednesday when he batted right-handed against Chris Gayle during the match between Sylhet Sixers and Rangpur Riders at the Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Sylhet.
- While his side, Sixers, won the match by 27 runs, he suffered an elbow injury and according to reports, the Aussie cricketer will shortly return home and undergo a surgery.
- It is understood that the injury happened during Warners knock of 61 off 36 balls for Sixers in the BPL 2019 match.
- However, the Sixers are yet to confirm the severity of the injury or Warners expected return home to Australia.
- If he does undergo surgery, the recovery time will take away the much-needed international practice in the lead up to the World Cup as he nears a return to the Australian side following his years ban over the ball-tampering scandal.
- Coincidently, Warners elbow has come just five days after suspended former Australian captain Steve Smith was ruled out of the BPL with a similar elbow injury.