Fox Sports Australia – The NSW left-handed batsman has failed to get a look in for his BBL outfit Sydney Thunder’s first nine matches this season.
- Patterson instead used his time to work on his longer form game with NSW batting coach Beau Casson – an approach that may yet earn him a Test debut this week.
- Yet Patterson is in line to make his baggy green debut in the pink ball Gabba clash with Sri Lanka from Thursday after honing his technique with Casson backed by a NSW Premier Cricket stint with club St George.
- The benefits were there for all to see when Patterson earned a Test squad call-up with back-to-back unbeaten tons for a Cricket Australia XI in their recent tour match against Sri Lanka in Hobart.
- Besides his tons in Tasmania, Patterson also stroked an unbeaten Shield century before Christmas and tuned up for the CA XI clash with 167 not out in a recent white-ball 50-over match for St George.
- The last time he played a pink ball match at the Gabba he scored 111, sharing a 228-run third wicket stand with Steve Smith to help NSW thrash Queensland by 225 runs in the 2016-17 Shield opener.