AAP Australian Sports – The axing of misfiring Australian batsman Shaun Marsh has provided sweet relief for Sri Lankan captain Dinesh Chandimal.
- Marsh was one of three changes for Australia’s new-look Test squad but he was the most notable for Chandimal after terrorising Sri Lankan attacks in the past.
- However, Chandimal saw a bright future for Sri Lanka as they looked to notch their first Test win in Australia with Marsh on the sidelines.
- Marsh first made his presence felt against hosts Sri Lanka in 2011, striking a majestic 141 on Test debut and averaging 80 for the two-game series.
- With no Marsh, Chandimal is now backing Sri Lanka to win their first Test on Australian soil snapping a horror 13-match run Down Under that has included 11 losses and two draws.
- Sri Lanka are looking to bounce back from an ordinary recent run which has included a 3-0 home Test series loss to England and emerging win-less in six games across all three formats on their recent tour of New Zealand.