Fox Sports Australia – Philippe hit 86 not out (off 49) in a breakout performance to all but lock up a finals berth for the Sixers after chasing down the Hurricanes’ target of 173 in 17.1 overs.
- However, Philippe and James Vince (74 not out) put on a game-turning 167-run partnership.
- Philippe, 21, was moved up the order into the opening spot for the out-of-form Jack Edwards in their win over Brisbane earlier in the week.
- Philippe was a late call-up to the Sixers and had intended to spend the summer at home in Western Australia, having been offered a spot in the Perth Scorchers’ extended squad as a local replacement player.
- “I wouldn’t say I modelled (his batting technique on Smith) but I do really like the way he plays and moves around the crease, he can hit the same ball in a lot of different areas,” Philippe said.
- “I love batting up the top, I love going out there with only two on the rope and a new ball that comes off the bat nice and hard,” Philippe said.