Fox Sports Australia – And a Thunder debutant had the worst start to life as a professional cricketer, but bounced back superbly.
- Scorchers veteran Shaun Marsh nicked the first ball he faced.
- Marsh proceeded to whack 96 runs off 55 balls, falling just short of what would been a remarkable century in Perth.
- Matthew Gilkes was all smiles pre-game as he received his first BBL cap for Sydney Thunder.
- In the first over Thunder quick Gurinder Sandhu found the edge of Shaun Marsh, who was facing his first ball of the game.
- And to cap it off Sams copped a shocking knock to his shin when Marsh belted the white ball back at the bowler on the final delivery.