Fox Sports Australia – All-rounder Pandya and batsman Rahul were sent home from India’s tour of Australia two weeks ago and subsequently banned after making remarks that were widely condemned as sexist and inappropriate in a TV show interview.
- REGISTER TO PLAY STREAKER NOW FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN $10,000The Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) said a Committee of Administrators (CoA) lifted the ban on the players pending the appointment of the board’s ombudsman, making the duo available for selection to the national team in the interim.
- The two cricketers had been in limbo since their suspension on January 11 due to a split in the two-member CoA over the next course of action, according to local media reports.
- CoA chairman Vinod Rai was in favour handing them a two-match suspension and allowing them to return to action pending an inquiry by an ad-hoc ombudsman, the reports said.
- Diana Edulji, the CoA’s second member, wanted an inquiry into the matter carried out either by the BCCI’s office bearers and the CoA itself or by an ombudsman.
- The BCCI, however, has been without an ombudsman since 2016, and the CoA last week approached India’s Supreme Court asking it to appoint one to investigate the case.