Perth Now – An Optus Stadium patron has paid the price for a bizarre streaking incident following Thursday’s Big Bash League clash between Perth Scorchers and Sydney Thunder.
- WATCH THE INCIDENT IN THE VIDEO PLAYER ABOVELast January, 23-year-old Ben Jenkins was also slapped with a three-year-ban after stripping naked and taking the field in front of 54,000 fans during a One-Day International match between Australia and England.
- Ben Jenkins has started a crowd funding campaign to pay his fine.
- Play VideoBen Jenkins has started a crowd funding campaign to pay his fine.Jenkins was charged with trespassing and coughed up $2,000 in fines for his efforts.
- “Cricket Australia takes a zero-tolerance policy against anybody looking to come to the cricket and interrupt the match by entering the field of play,” a spokesperson said.
- “Those looking to do so will face action from the relevant police authority and be issued with a ban notice to all Cricket Australia matches.”