The Age – Loading
But a botched run-out from Sixers skipper Moises Henriques saw Yasir Arafat scamper through for a single as Perth players charged onto the ground in celebration.
- Among them was Tuggeranong Valley export Jason Behrendorff, who claimed 1-19 from four overs earlier in the day on the road to consecutive BBL titles.
- Behrendorff caught up with Lee in the bowels of the Bradman Stand after the game, consoling the veteran of 310 Test wickets who had fallen agonisingly short of forcing a super over.
- “That’s the class player he is,” Behrendorff said post-match.
- Two sides to the story.Credit:Melissa AdamsWhile Behrendorff walked away with a champions medal and Lee left with a broken dream, one punter exited Manuka Oval and strode straight towards hospital.
- The Canberra Times is counting down 11 magical Manuka Oval cricket moments ahead of an historic Test match between Australia and Sri Lanka on February 1.