News – Cricket: Pat Cummins claimed the wicked of the Sri Lankan captain, Dinesh Chandimal, early into the first session of day three of the First Test.
- An incredible man of the match performance from Pat Cummins has piled the pressure back on Mitchell Starc after a stark contrast between the two bowlers’ fortunes.
- While debutant Jhye Richardson was outstanding on day one, leading Michael Vaughan to call him “number one on the team sheet for Edgbaston” for the first Ashes Test, Cummins’ first 10-wicket haul in Tests has heaped the pressure on Starc to hold onto his position leading the bowling attack.
- Cummins has long been the first change bowler behind Starc and Josh Hazlewood, while Richardson also kept Cummins away from the new ball in the first innings.
- Warne, who has been a vocal critic of Starc this summer, said it was good to see Cummins start with the new ball in hand.
- At the moment Mitchell Starc is not at his best, we all know that, he probably knows that as well, I think it’s time now to give the new ball to Pat Cummins.