Fox Sports Australia – The innings and 40-run victory was the perfect tonic for an Australian team which has copped a battering on and off the field over the past year.
- The home side has made one change to their squad for the second Test, with Stoinis coming in for discarded opener Matthew Renshaw.
- HEALY: Why Stoinis’ Test call up is ‘unnecessary’Stoinis’ call-up comes after a strong Big Bash campaign for the Melbourne Stars, where the all-rounder has hit consecutive half-centuries and three-wicket hauls.
- But with just one Test to go until the Ashes and the experiment of Mitch Marsh seemingly over following his disappointing output in Melbourne, selectors are eager to work out who their premier all-rounder is.
- “In a perfect world you’ve got someone who can bowl medium pace,” Langer admitted.
- “The most important thing to me in Test cricket is playing on great wickets.