Indian Express – Ambati Rayudu will not be allowed to bowl in international cricket.
- (AP)Ambati Rayudu has been suspended from bowling in international cricket, the International Cricket Council (ICC) announced on Monday.
- In a statement released, the ICC said,” The player elected not to submit to a test of his bowling action within the stipulated period of 14 days of being reported for a suspect action, and therefore he has been suspended with immediate effect in accordance with clause 4.
- Rayudu was reported for suspect action during the first one-day international of their series against Australia in Sydney on January 12.
- His action had drawn comparisons with Sri Lankan great Muttiah Muralitharan, who himself had been pulled up by match officials for suspect bowling action a number of points in his career.
- According to the ICC rules, an illegal bowling action is defined as where the player’s elbow extends by the amount of more than “15 degrees between their arm reaching the horizontal and the ball being released.”