AAP Australian Sports – New Zealand have made two changes in a bid to avoid a humbling one-day international series sweep on home soil against India.
- New Zealand have made two changes in a bid to avoid a humbling one-day international series sweep on home soil against India.
- Touted as a chance to topple the the top-ranked Indians in a key series ahead of the World Cup, the Black Caps have been outclassed in all departments.
- The performances reconfirm India as a major World Cup force while lowering expectations around a New Zealand team who had climbed to a ranking of third.
- It is a rapid decline for a New Zealand side who scored the most runs by any team in a three-match bilateral ODI series when they routed Sri Lanka earlier this month, compiling an aggregate of 1054 runs.
- New Zealand’s chances have improved with the premature return home of superstar Indian skipper Virat Kohli, who has been rested.