India Today – India have already bagged the five-match ODI series with their 7-wicket win in the third one-day international at mount Mount Maunganui on Monday.
- That was Virat Kohli’s last involvement in New Zealand for the current tour as the Team India skipper has been rested for the final two ODIs of the five-match series and the three T20 internationals in New Zealand.
- In Kohli absence, his deputy Rohit Sharma will lead the sideAnd with series securely in the bag, many pundits are expecting India to make a couple of changes over the next two games and give players on the bench a chance.
- Sunil Gavaskar speaking to India Today on Tuesday, wanted the 19-year-old Shubman Gill to get a game in New Zealand.
- If he gets to bat, you will get a fair idea how he is taking to international cricket,” Gavaskar told India Today.
- Gill, someone who epitomises the new breed of Indian cricketers, even won praise from Kohli at the end of the 3rd ODI at the post match presentation ceremony.