SBS – The Iran fans were having an unbelievable time.
- Rightfully so: they are chasing their fourth Asian Cup victory in the new millennium.
- For the first time in the past decade, Australia was not part of the semi-finals.
- They are not nearly as good as the team that toppled Japan four years ago on route to a semi-final defeat to Australia in Newcastle.
- In fact, I got the feeling that most Australians tuned out of the Asian Cup the moment Australia were eliminated.
- It never felt like Australia – from the team, to the public and the press – was genuinely “up” for this tournament.