Rediff – ‘He is a proven performer and I am not too worried about his form’
IMAGE: KL Rahul had scores of 13, 42 and 0 against England Lions in three one-day games.
- Photograph: BCCIThere has been no change in KL Rahul’s wretched form even after his comeback from suspension but India ‘A’ coach Rahul Dravid is not worried as he has confidence in the talented opener’s quality.
- He is playing four-day games as well and he has shown that he can succeed at the international level in all three formats,” Dravid told reporters after India ‘A’ clinched the five-match limited overs series 4-1.
- Asked if the purpose of playing senior team players like Test vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant, Rahul or Hanuma Vihari was served, the former India captain provided the broader perspective.
- There’s always some players coming in from India (senior national team) and there are some other senior boys selectors want to see.
- There has been discussions about how India ‘A’ tours and home series clashing with Ranji Trophy has affected quality of competition at the domestic level but Dravid said it’s only for the betterment of talented players.