Royal Gazette – The oldest surviving former Cup Match player, Leroy Tubby Richardson, has died.
- Neil Paynter, president of St Georges Cricket Club, said Mr Richardson, an elder statesman in his Wellington area of the town, made an impact beyond the cricket field.
- Hes had a good life and will be a miss in and around the St Georges community and definitely at Cup Match.
- Even 60 years after he played his last Cup Match, Mr Richardson was never far from the event and attended every year in Somerset or St Georges.
- Dennis Wainwright made his debut for St Georges in 1957, two years after Mr Richardson retired.
- Mr Wainwright, who also still attends Cup Match every year, spent time with Richardson in St Georges talking about cricket.