India Today – India – Former India batsman Gautam Gambhir on Saturday spotted a man who once served in the Indian Army, begging at Delhi’s Connaught Place.
- Former India batsman Gautam Gambhir on Saturday spotted a man who once served in the Indian Army, begging at Delhi’s Connaught Place.
- Gambhir pointed out in a tweet that due to technical reasons, the ex-serviceman can’t get the support he needs from the Army.
- Gambhir also urged Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Spokesperson of the Ministry of Defence and Additional Directorate General of Public Information (ADG PI) of the Indian Army, to intervene and help the veteran as he is begging on the streets.
- Gambhir, whose hometown is New Delhi, said the man he found served in the Army from 1965 to 1971 and can be verified through his ID, which was seen hanging around his neck.
- Last week, Gautam Gambhir was conferred with the Padma Shri award on Republic Day.