India – Hailed for his lightning sharp reflexes and unmatched game sense in gentlemen’s game – MS Dhoni is a legend by a distance when it comes to white-ball cricket.
- A glimpse of Dhoni’s masterclass was once again on display during the fifth and final One-day international (ODI) between India and New Zealand in Wellington.
- Neesham was batting on 44 at that time, with hosts needing another 77 off 83 with four wickets in hand to win fifth ODI versus India.
- There were over 2000 replies to Yoko Ono’s tweet but the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) reply was definitely the show-stealer: “Never leave your crease with MS Dhoni behind the stumps!
- India missed the services of Dhoni in the fourth ODI in Hamilton when the visitors’ batting unit imploded under swing-friendly conditions.
- However, Team India went on to win the fifth ODI by 35 runs to complete the 4-1 series victory over Black Caps.