Stuff – Amelia Kerr and Amy Satterthwaite celebrate a wicket against India in the third ODI.
- As the New Zealand women’s team share the stage with the Black Caps against India at our biggest stadiums in coming days, the Cricket Players’ Association is preparing to go into bat for the country’s 15 professional women cricketers.
- As it stands, top White Ferns like Suzie Bates earn about $50,000 from their NZC contracts and tip their annual earnings into six figures by playing in the England and Australia women’s T20 leagues.
- READ MORE: * Guitar before nets for Kane * Caps, Ferns wear Aotearoa shirts * Shock over van Dyk’s ‘resignation’CPA boss Heath Mills, who signed off on the men’s Master Agreement with NZC last July which guaranteed them 26.
- Recent White Ferns matches against the Big Three – Australia, England and India – showed the gap getting wider on the field as the powerhouse nations invest heavily in women’s cricket.
- Depth remains an issue in the White Ferns, with promising players making the leap from the amateur one-day and T20 competitions (with the stars absent playing the Big Bash) into international cricket.