The Sun – UK – A YOUNG cricket fan was taken to hospital after being hit by a six in Australia’s Big Bash League last night.
- The child was struck flush on the head by a huge maximum off the bat of George Bailey and was later taken to A&E during Sydney Thunder’s game with Hobart Hurricanes.
- Bailey immediately stopped the game and rushed to see if the fan was OK as medics rushed around the boundary.
- The child appeared to be OK after the shocking blow, hugging his dad – but was taken to hospital for precautionary tests.
- In between innings, Bailey gave the supporter his gloves, while Thunder bowler Daniel Sams gifted him a signed shirt.
- Bailey hit 53 in their victory as the Hurricanes posted 165-4 from their 19 overs in the rain-affected clash.