Navhind Times – Goa women once again displayed prowess and solidarity as Diksha Gawde put on a fine performance to clinch their second win in the BCCI Women’s Cricket U-19 ODI League match after thrashing Vidarbha by 70 runs at Margao Cricket Club.
- Vidarbha bowlers bowled tight and Goa’s first wicket fell for 21 in the form of Shindiya Naik who managed to score 14 runs facing 29 deliveries.
- Last match’s top performer, Diksha Amonkar couldn’t find her rhythm this time and her cautious stay that contributed 6 runs from 26 balls ended after she was caught by Thakre off a delivery by Achal Shahu.
- Soon to follow her back to the pavillion was wicket keeper Divya Naik, after she was bowled by Achal Shahu for just 3 runs after facing 18 deliveries.
- Two overs later and without an change in runs opener and captain, Inamdar too fell to a delivery off Duragad after she was caught by Diksha Gawde for 30.
- It was Diksha Gawde who was the top performer of the day both with the bat and the ball as she ended with 4 wickets giving away only 7 runs.