The News Minute – In light of the terror attack on CRPF personnel in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama by a Pakistan-based terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed, several companies have been stepping up not only to show their solidarity towards the martyred Jawans but also help the families of the victims.
- While startups such as Paytm have opened up ways to contribute to families, online fantasy sports platform Starpick has suspended Pakistan Super League Tournaments (PSL) on the platform.
- In a bid to reach out the families of the martyred Jawans and help them, StarPick is also hosting a fund-raising tournament where it will raise contributions for the welfare of these families.
- StarPick is a fantasy sports platform where, say during a cricket match, a user gets to pick 11 players out of both the competing teams for a fee.
- StarPick currently has 1.2 million users on its platform.
- For this special tournament, Trigam says that the prize of the tournament and all the fee deposited by users will be sent as contribution for the families of the Jawans who lost their lives in the terror attach.